I have far too much free time on my hands.
Loose Women is only on for an hour a day, which leaves 6 non-sleeping hours that need to be productively filled, and anyway, you can only enjoy Colleen Nolan’s saucy innuendoes so many times before it becomes difficult to muster an er…never mind. What you don’t know can’t harm you. With this in mind, I have decided to give something back to the information superhighway that has given me so much. Yes, I am starting a blog. Please roll your eyes back into the neutral position. I won’t be providing the sardonic voiceover for my personal life. Instead I will be firing out highly biased, ill-informed, spittle-flecked discourse about music, the idea being that every now and then I’ll post a song and some blurb about why you might want to check it out. This will hopefully give me a chance to flex my writing muscles, and help keep me off Facebook. I invented this idea and I call it the “mp3 blog”. I’m hoping it will take off.
I’ll be focusing my questionable energies on things that I think are great instead of kicking the crap out of bands I dislike. If you think I’m going stay up past 9 thinking up creative ways to say the new Pigeon Detectives single makes me want to dropkick a kitten then I’ll have to disappoint. I’ll get onto the bad ones when I’ve done all the ace ones. Really, the only thing worth saying is that if you like music, there will be some here every now and then… maybe stuff you will think is good.
I’ll try to keep tabs on local stuff too, and will be getting in touch with various Pontefract scene gurus to sound out what is hot and what is not (hot). If there are any local musician types reading this…well for one thing I’ll be amazed. It’s just you and me, pal. But yeah, please to send mp3s/myspace addresses/gig dates/whatever to gripperblog@hotmail.co.uk if you would like me to write something about your band. Please. I need something to do.
First mp3 to follow… stay tuned to this frequency.
P.S. I swear I would never ever dropkick a kitten.
1 comment:
to be honest, i would like to hear how much you hate the pigeon detectives. and how you enjoy drop kicking kittens too come to think of it. Maybe you could set up some kind of mini mp3 blog blog about how you write this blog, in which you could include your feline torture methods and how much you hate the pigeon detectives. I would enjoy that at least. even if noone else did.
Post a Comment